McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Project Scheduler, you will be a vital part of the project management team responsible for the planning and delivery of major construction and engineering projects with the Public Infrastructure Division (Transportation and Transportation Structures). Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) with the project team;
- Creating master project schedules from the WBS(s) using MS Project or Primavera P6, defining project deliverables, identifying key milestones, dependencies and deadlines;
- Liaising with project managers to coordinate inputs to schedule;
- Providing recommendations on project and program planning and scheduling to achieve the most cost-effective implementation sequences;
- Providing strategic guidance on integrating the budget and schedule;
- Maintaining master project schedules, updating project deliverables, milestones, dependencies and deadlines;
- Identifying the critical path, highlighting areas with slack to ensure those activities do not drop into critical path;
- Reviewing and analyzing the update outcomes by highlighting deviations and proposing corrective actions;
- Providing continual risk management and schedule improvement;
- Developing mitigation strategies including aligning of the project schedules to facilitate the most efficient sequencing;
- Preparing plans, charts, tables and diagrams to analyze and display tasks and work activities;
- Developing and distributing short-term look-ahead schedules; and
- Developing schedule reporting documents to inform project stakeholders on project status and support key decision-making activities.
University degree or college diploma with 3+ years of experience working in project controls with a specific focus on scheduling;
- Expertise using MS Project (Primavera P6 is an asset) to build and analyze schedules;
- Knowledge of earned value management principals and cost/schedule integration;
- Experience working on large scale construction and engineering projects is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing in English;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks to support a large number of technical staff and managers;
- Ability to bring multiple stakeholders together for regular project discussion/strategy meetings;
- Ability to analyze detailed schedules and make recommendations for changes/improvements; and
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class A)