McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Engineering/Project Coordinator, you will be working with multidisciplinary teams on various types of projects. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
Internally, assisting teams with:
- Generating reports, coordinating site visits, and conducting research;
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals for condition assessment and capital planning work nation wide;
- Responding to request for proposals from various public and private sector entities across Canada;
- Assisting with proposal writing, assembly, and delivery;
- Tracking project task completion;
- Setting up and following up on electronic filing usage consistency, timelines, and frequency;
- Ensuring corporate quality processes are followed and identifying where deviations occur;
- Analyzing data for inclusion and presentations to Senior Management and Executives as needed;
- Prioritizing and communicating challenges for task completion both individually and within groups;
- Diarizing and following up on tasks and project milestones;
- Periodic assistance with site reviews and documentation;
- Managing group calendars, monthly invoices, setting, enabling/disabling shared OneDrive folders, and;
- Other duties as required or needed.
Externally, assisting teams with:
- Determining consulting needs and re-directing inquiries to appropriate practice area leads or groups;
- Obtaining historical records;
- Maintaining polite and professional communication via phone, email, and mail; and
- Ensuring a seamless and positive interaction with McIntosh Perry.
- Post-secondary education in architecture, or related engineering or similar;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks to support a large number of technical staff and managers;
- Strong customer service orientation with exuberant attitude toward client satisfaction;
- Ability to carry out detail-oriented tasks accurately and independently;
- General interest in building construction, operation and evaluation;
- Highly proficient with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Office365, Skype for Business, or Deltek are considered value-added skills;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to work in a team environment, assisting team members and contributing to the overall objectives of the team;
- Ability to handle pressure during tight schedule and busy season;
- Willing to travel as needed for work within Canada; and
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with access to reliable vehicle and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Internal Referral Class B)