McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
As an integral part of our Land Development team, you will work alongside other team members and report regularly to the local Land Development Group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designing and drafting of engineering/construction drawings for various land development projects;
• Interpreting and implementing standards from regulatory bodies;
• Producing written reports for development projects;
• Producing design spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel;
• Creating plans, profiles and 3-D drawings in civil 3D format;
• Enhancing data charts and tables for presentation;
• Producing and modifying drawings;
• Maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Providing site supervision on construction projects;
• Keeping up to date on the latest design tools and aids in CAD/civil 3D in consultation with senior CAD staff.
• Completion of a college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
• Experience in consulting in land development and/or municipal design and construction would be an asset;
• Practical experience working in CAD would be as asset;
• Well-developed computer and analytical skills;
• Proficiency working with CAD packages such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
• Knowledge of or experience in the field on construction projects would be an asset;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
• Ability to work with engineers on multidisciplinary development projects; and
• Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class B)