McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Biologist, you will be working with multidisciplinary teams on various types of projects. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing small to medium sized projects and provide client relations and reports to senior staff;
- Designing and carrying out biological field investigations including breeding bird surveys, botanical inventories, Ecological Land Classification, wildlife surveys (reptiles, amphibians, mammals, etc.), targeted species at risk surveys, fisheries assessments and wetland delineation following established protocols;
- Leading field studies, collecting/entering/managing/analyzing data, and writing technical reports;
- Performing a variety of field and office tasks requiring the application of standard scientific principles and fundamental theories;
- Conducting background information searches including literature reviews, database review, and agency consultation to obtain environmental data;
- Acquiring environmental permits/approvals and developing mitigation and protection measures in accordance with environmental legislation and policy;
- Providing environmental site inspections and Contract Administration at active construction sites. Preparing, reviewing and presenting of reports and proposals
- Writing winning proposals, developing new client relationships, and delivering excellent service to existing clients;
- Mentoring and developing junior staff on field survey protocols, collecting data and prepare reports;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- 5+ years experience in field biology, with emphasis on ecosystems of Ontario;
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in Biology, Ecology, or related discipline;
- Practical experience completing Environmental Assessments for private, municipal, provincial, and federal projects;
- Familiar with field survey protocols for birds, reptiles and amphibians, vascular plants and/or fish;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven experience providing project management, coordinating team members and ensuring top quality projects are delivered on schedule and budget;
- Ability to identify and delineate habitat types for fish/birds/other wildlife/vascular plants ;
- Experience in the collection, analysis and reporting of field data following established protocols;
- Environmental inspection experience during construction, including erosion and sediment control;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc;
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a vehicle and willingness to travel and work outdoors and remote locations.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.