McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Project Engineer, you will be working with multidisciplinary teams on various types of projects. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with senior staff on engineering design and a variety of projects, such as storm and sanitary services, water mains, municipal drains, subdivision and/or site plans;
- Provide leadership and mentoring for engineering interns and technologists and provide guidance and mentoring to more junior staff;
- Prepare technical specifications and reports;
- Provide contract administration and periodic site inspections;
- Liaise with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Maintain positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in the preparation of engineering services proposals; and
- Monitor industry standards and developments, assessing client needs and make concrete decisions on proposed solutions.
- Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Sound understanding of the land development process typically acquired by five to ten years of design experience on land development projects;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
- Design skills with good working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, and/or In Roads;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Experienced with project management and has worked in, or understands the consulting engineering environment will be considered a strong asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Working knowledge of stormwater modeling programs (SWYMHO, HEC-RAS, CulvertMaster, FlowMaster) would be an asset; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class A)