McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an integral part of our health, safety and environment team and under the direction of the company’s Director of Health, Safety and Environment, you will be responsible to promote and provide overall direction, and support to service delivery teams with health and safety (H&S) including compliance with legislation and corporate policies and procedures. Your focus will be on our permanent offices in Ottawa, Kingston, Perth, North Bay, Montreal and project offices throughout Eastern Ontario. Using excellent verbal communication skills, you will coordinate and deliver training and education programs to employees on a variety of topics.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Providing strategic guidance to Joint Health & Safety Committees (JHSC) and McIntosh Perry management on: emerging trends in legislation; and Ministry of Labour areas of interest related to our industry;
- Acting as a resource to the Joint Health & Safety Committees in regional offices, including attending regular committee meetings;
- Acting as a resource to the worker H&S representatives in permanent offices, and other site field offices. This includes employees of McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers, McIntosh Perry Limited, and McIntosh Perry Surveying;
- Researching, developing and implementing health and safety initiatives;
- Maintaining and updating health and safety resources, procedures and documentation as required;
- Developing H&S performance measures and metrics as well as interpreting results;
- Coaching and influencing staff on how to improve H&S performance on-site;
- Developing and providing orientation and on-going training to staff on health and safety topics, processes and procedures;
- Participating in accident investigations and WSIB reporting and analyzing trends;
- Ordering and ensuring the appropriate distribution and use of Personal Protective Equipment on site;
- Conducting Health and Safety inspections/audits on site locations, in collaboration with project managers;
- Participating in the company’s application and maintenance of audit systems such as COR, ISNetworld and others;
- Participating in office inspections at locations; and
Performing other unrelated tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 2 years health and safety experience;
- Previous work experience in the construction sector such as: buildings, roads or infrastructure is required;
- Completion of an education program in a health and safety or related field from a university, college or National Construction Safety Officer;
- Demonstrated work experience in health and safety management;
- Have a proven track record of enhancing and influencing organizational commitment to safety;
- Past experience successfully working with employees at all levels of an organization;
- Experience working on projects involving occupational hygiene, hazardous materials management and safety, environmental hazards, and designated substances;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent overall communication, presentation, consensus building and persuasion skills;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written communication skills with a critical eye to accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; highly motivated self-starter; detail-oriented with an ability to think through problems creatively;
- Above average working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Possess a valid minimum class G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle that has valid registration and insurance; and
Ability to make regular day trips (and occasional overnight trips) within Ontario and Quebec.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class B)