McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it's such a great place to work and one of the fastest growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Municipal group, you will be working with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of municipal projects such as municipal EAs, preliminary/detail design for urban roadways, including sanitary sewer and watermain infrastructure projects and active transportation. You will also lead the Municipal Engineering Teams in both the Markham and Oakville offices. Position can be based out of Oakville or Markham.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with preparation and implementation of business plans with senior management;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders to help grow the business;
- Providing guidance and oversight in the preparation of proposals, development of work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations;
- Providing leadership, daily management, and mentoring to the municipal engineering team in the Markham and Oakville offices with time spent in each on regular weekly intervals;
- Collaborating with design teams within other offices throughout Ontario;
- Acting as a project director/project manager on municipal design projects;
- Managing the successful delivery of multi-discipline projects and satisfying client expectations;
Ensuring proper project planning is in place for the scheduling, staffing and resourcing of teams in order to ensure the effective execution of projects; and
- Monitoring industry standards and developments, assessing client needs and making concrete decisions on proposed solutions; and,
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.) and in good standing;
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressive related experience within a professional services environment;
- Demonstrated ability for, and interest in, business development;
- Experience in working with municipalities in the GTA is mandatory;
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by the ability to coach, mentor and develop staff;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge in municipal engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven solid design capabilities;
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills including the ability to provide leadership to a variety of technical professionals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class A)