McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it's such a great place to work and one of the fastest growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an integral part of our health, safety and environment team and under the direction of the company’s Health, Safety and Environment Officer, you will be responsible to promote and provide overall direction, and support to service delivery teams with health and safety (H&S) including compliance with legislation and corporate policies and procedures. Your focus will be on our permanent offices the GTA and our project offices throughout Southern Ontario. Using excellent verbal communication skills, you will deliver training and education programs to employees on a variety of topics. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic guidance to Joint Health & Safety Committees (JHSC) and McIntosh Perry management on: emerging trends in legislation; and Ministry of Labour areas of interest related to our industry;
- Acting as a member of and resource to the Joint Health & Safety Committees in Southern Ontario offices, including leading regular committee meetings;
- Acting as a resource to the worker representatives in the GTA offices, and other site field offices. This includes employees of McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers, McIntosh Perry Limited, and McIntosh Perry Surveying;
- Researching, developing and implementing health and safety initiatives;
- Maintaining and updating health and safety resources, policies and documentation as required;
- Developing H&S performance measures and metrics as well as interpreting results;
- Coaching and influencing staff on how to improve H&S performance on-site;
- Developing and providing orientation and on-going training to staff on health and safety topics, processes and procedures;
- Participating in accident investigations and WSIB reporting and analyzing trends;
- Ordering and ensuring the appropriate distribution and use of Personal Protective Equipment on site;
- Conducting Health and Safety inspections/audits on site locations, in collaboration with project managers;
- Participating in the company’s application and maintenance of audit systems such as COR, ISNetworld and ISO;
- Participating in office inspections at locations;
- Performing other unrelated tasks as assigned from time to time;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 2 years health and safety experience;
- Previous work experience in the construction sector such as: buildings, roads or infrastructure is required;
- Completion of an education program in a health and safety or related field from a university, college or National Construction Safety Officer;
- Demonstrated work experience in health and safety management;
- Have a proven track record of enhancing and influencing organizational commitment to safety;
- Past experience successfully working with employees at all levels of an organization;
- Experience working on projects involving occupational hygiene, hazardous materials management and safety, mold abatement and designated substances;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent overall communication, presentation, consensus building and persuasion skills;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written communication skills with a critical eye to accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; highly motivated self-starter; detail-oriented with an ability to think through problems creatively;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Possess a valid minimum class G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle that has valid registration and insurance; and
Ability to make regular day trips (and occasional overnight trips) within Ontario.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class B)