McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it's such a great place to work and one of the fastest growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Temporary Structures group, you will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
- Design and stamp medium to complex designs for shoring and scaffolding;
- Lead project teams on various shoring and scaffold related projects;
- Liaise with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Play an active role in business development activities and marketing by establishing and maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Oversee the work of engineering interns and technologists and provide guidance and mentorship to junior staff;
- Manage client relationships throughout the project term, including providing technical advisory support;
- Prepare technical specifications and reports;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary university education in a related field (civil/structural engineering preferred) or a Master’s degree;
- Approximately 10 years of design experience on structural engineering projects in Ontario, including 5 years of project management experience;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario and in good standing;
- Familiar with all applicable building codes and design standards;
- Possess a professional client network or have the capacity to develop a client network;
- Excellent verbal & written Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Project, AutoCAD, Project Management software, structural design software, familiar with Computer Aided Drafting software;
- Must have a valid G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid insurance and registration to travel within/outside of GTA for onsite inspections and meetings.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class A)