McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking an Environmental (Civil) Project Engineer to work within our environmental division who is a motivated team player. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing technical designs, calculations, specifications and reports for a variety of environmental projects such as, on-site wastewater disposal systems, small regulated drinking water systems, waste management sites, environmental assessments, pumping stations, permitting/approvals, etc.;
- Prepare erosion and sediment control plans for both Ministry of Transportation and Contractors;
- Assist with projects in the field of Environmental (civil) Engineering, Geological Engineering, Environmental Science, Earth Sciences, and/or Biology;
- Field duties, including but not limited to erosion and sediment control/environmental inspections, test pit excavation, sewage system assessments, collecting surveying information, assisting with fish rescue operations for construction projects, soil and groundwater sampling, surface water sampling, drilling supervision, etc.;
- Assisting with the acquisition of environmental permitting/approvals and development of mitigation and protection measures in accordance with environmental legislation and policy;
- Providing leadership and mentoring for engineering interns and technologists and providing guidance and mentoring to more junior staff;
- Liaising with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Actively participating in the preparation of science and engineering service proposals.
- Other duties will include:
- Producing written reports;
- Producing design spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel;
- Enhancing data charts and tables for presentations;
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents, quantities and costs estimates; and
- Providing support to intermediate and senior staff on drafting and design.
- University degree in Environmental (Civil) Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- Approximately 8+ years of experience within professional services environment;
- Strong technical and project management experience;
- Proficient with AutoCAD;
- Knowledge of or experience in the field on construction projects would be an asset;
- Experience with operating surveying equipment would be an asset;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge in Environmental Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance;
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario for work assignments; and
- Ability to perform physical work in all weather conditions.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Internal Referral Class B)