McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it's such a great place to work and one of the fastest growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Controller, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for providing operational leadership and support to the entire company. The Finance Coordinator – Payroll & Accounts Payable is responsible to support the Payroll and Accounts Payable processes in alignment with corporate strategy and policy and to be a contributing member of the corporate services team. Office location is flexible: Ottawa or Woodbridge.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the payroll function for several entities within the organization;
- Supporting the accounts payable function for several entities within the organization;
- Payroll for the McIntosh Perry group of companies which will include:
- Verifying employee information in order to facilitate the bi-weekly payroll process;
- Assist with processing payroll in a timely and professional manner and answering employee inquiries;
- Reconciling timesheets and expense reports for accuracy;
- Preparing reports relating to earnings, tax summaries, deductions, leave, disability and wages.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Accounts payable for the McIntosh Perry group of companies which will include:
- Internal communications with project managers;
- Entering and tracking a high volume of invoices in a timely manner;
- Tracking bill payments and other expenses as required;
- Supporting the integration of A/P processes and policies across all entities;
- Assisting with implementing and adhering to new purchasing module system;
- Following the established A/P process for project manager and vendor communication (calls, emails, statements); and
- Processing ad-hoc cheques and payment requests when required.
- Reconciliation of GL accounts; and
- Other responsibilities and project work as may be requested.
- Minimum of a two year diploma in an accounting or accounting-related program;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of three to five years of previous experience in payroll and/or accounts payable related functions or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
- Knowledge of Ceridian, ADP or similar payroll software;
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of payroll, accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Intermediate to Advanced level skills in MS Office, in particular Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Good administrative and organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities;
- Ability to handle difficult callers and exercise tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (French considered an asset);
- Experience in a professional services environment preferred;
- Time management skills and strong attention to detail;
- Equally able to work as part of a team or independently; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class B)