McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it's such a great place to work and one of the fastest growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Project Manager, you will be working with multidisciplinary teams on various types of projects. We offer a flexible working environment, currently working from home. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Senior Project Manager in the execution of assigned projects;
- Work with the Senior Project Manager to perform on-site investigation of building cladding systems, roofs, underground parking garages and other structures;
- Analyze on-site findings and other project information to draft report for Sr. Project Manager;
- Prepare order of magnitude repair cost estimates;
- Draft final reports to support decision-making by Sr. Project Manager;
- Work with the Senior Project Manager to take part in the preparation of specifications, tender documents and drawings for assigned projects;
- assist the Sr. Project Manager in the evaluation of tender including project schedules of assigned projects;
- Draft letters of recommendation on the bid awards;
- Monitor and evaluate construction projects progress against project schedule and contract documents including the impact of changes or delays;
- Develop risk management plans on assigned projects including identifying, assessing, monitoring and tracking project risks and reporting issues to the Sr. Project Manager;
- Assist with the proposal preparation;
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled department and team meetings and providing updates on project progress;
- Provide input, as required, on all aspects of the work in terms of an overall efficiency, creativity and technical knowledge;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education (college or university) in a related field (civil engineering, architectural science preferred);
- Over 5 years of demonstrated PM experience in investigating and repairs of building envelope and parking garage structures;
- Experience in construction estimates and scheduling for building restoration projects would be a strong asset;
- Experience in preparation of specifications and tender documents;
- P. Eng., PMP designations or working towards would be considered an asset;
- Health & Safety training requirements in construction projects would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of PM methodologies, building science and concrete restoration and construction contract CCDC document is preferred;
- Excellent verbal & written Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Project, AutoCAD, Project Management software;
- Must have a valid G driver’s license/insurance and access to vehicle to travel outside of GTA.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class B)