McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Western Canada Infrastructure team, you will be a technical lead for surveying operations and have a range of responsibilities related to road projects for municipal and provincial rehabilitations and reconstructions.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collection and management of geospatial data from a variety of sources;
- Provide support to design team regarding co-ordinate systems and adjustment of survey data;
- Import and export of geospatial data and methodology for survey data collection;
- Undertake surveys for geospatial data collection and construction layout;
- Construction supervision and inspection;
- Geospatial equipment management and tracking;
- Testing and implementation of new geospatial tools, including hardware, applications and software;
- Monitor new innovation and technology and make recommendations for geospatial hardware, applications and software;
- Supervise, monitor and develop survey and field staff;
- Workflow planning, scheduling and co-ordination of survey and field staff across various projects;
- Liaison with other offices for survey technical support;
- Maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Contributions to McIntosh Perry’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees.
- Completion of a college diploma in Civil Engineering or Civil Technology;
- Construction layout experience to include highways, municipal roads, and intersections including urban and rural, new/greenfield and rehabilitation/reconstruction, bridges, and earthworks;
- Extensive GPS, Total Station, and rod and level experience;
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Topcon Positioning Systems MAGNET;
- Experience with Trimble Business Centre would be an asset;
- 5 - 10 years’ consulting experience completing Transportation projects for provincial government or Municipal clients;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Ability to work with engineers on multidisciplinary projects; and
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.