McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are dedicated, organized, relentlessly diligent, and would like to be a part of a busy and growing Hazmat team, we would love to hear form you. Well-suited candidates already have a reputation of being an effective 'team player', are self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with minimal supervision in an environment with competing priorities. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it's such a great place to work and one of the fastest growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing hazardous materials assessments and preparing assessment reports for various sites;
- Conducting surveys for Asbestos and other Designated Substances in accordance with Ontario Regulation 278/05 and Ontario Regulation 490/09;
- Conducting sampling and data collection of bulk materials suspected to contact asbestos, lead, PCBs, mercury etc.;
- Providing inspection and supervision during various type of abatement and remediation projects;
- Conduct air quality testing for quality control and for verification of compliance to above mentioned regulations;
- Performing indoor air quality assessments and odor investigations accordance with Ontario Regulation 833/90, ASHRAE and ACGIH standards;
- Conducting mold, water damage, occupational hygiene and air quality assessments;
- Collecting air samples and conducting PCM analysis for total airborne fibers (NIOSH 582);
- Collecting various environmental and occupational samples including; mold and lead (air, bulk, swab, wipe, etc.), thermal comfort parameters, volatile organic compounds and various direct reading instruments;
- Preparing typed reports and drawings detailing assessment findings and recommendations;
- Maintaining inventory of field equipment, sampling media, and supplies;
- Assisting in maintaining and enhancing quality control within the group; and,
- Other duties as required or needed.
- 1-2 years of previous work experience working for an environmental consulting firm;
- College diploma in Environmental Technology/Occupational Health & Safety/Construction Technology or Bachelor of Science in Engineering;
- NIOSH 582/IRSST Training will be considered an asset;
- IICRC training in Mold & Water Damage (WRT, AMRT) would training would be considered an asset;
- Experience with building science, building construction and/or mechanical systems;
- Possess or in the process of obtaining Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designations;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Office 365, Auto CAD;
- Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken) will be considered an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects;
- Ability to travel across GTA and throughout Canada, as mandated by the projects;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance & personal vehicle (work-related travel expenses will be compensated);
- Must be able to wear PPE and respirators as required to oversee abatement and remediation projects.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class B)