McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it's such a great place to work and one of the fastest growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Environmental group, you will be working with multi-disciplinary teams on various projects. Our team puts their creative & innovative thinking and business skills into high gear while working alongside other highly intelligent and motivated colleagues to meet our client’s needs.
As the Senior Environmental Scientist:
- Do you have extensive practical experience as an Environmental Geoscientist or Geo-Engineer in site assessment (Phase 1, 2 and 3- O. Reg. 153/04 as amended and CSA Standard), groundwater studies and permit/approvals?
- Do you have practical experience in Federal, Provincial and Municipal approvals and requirements relating to site assessments, site remediation, hydrogeology studies, aggregate resources?
- Do you have knowledge of Regulations (O. Reg. 153/04, as amended and O. Reg. 903)?
- Do you have experience coaching and mentoring junior staff?
- Have you prepared winning proposals? Are you capable of doing so?
- Do you have field experience in site inspections, drilling, sampling, contractor oversight and remediation?
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Post-secondary education in Geosciences, geological, civil or environmental engineering;
- Professional Geoscientist or P. Eng. (with training in geoscience), registered in the Province of Ontario and/or Nationally and in good standing or qualified as per O. Reg. 153/04, as amended;;
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in Phase I, II, III projects;
- Demonstrated experience working within a consulting or general contracting environments, collaborating with other teams (geotechnical, structures, pavement, etc.);
- Prior experience with EMS/Audits, RA, EMP's, SOP's and risk management would be considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team environment;
- Strong critical thinking, sound judgement, organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize several projects at one time while delivering on time and on budget;
- Strong project and client management skills with focus on providing excellent service to clients and committed to technical excellence;
- Possess a valid driver’s license, insurance and have access to a vehicle and ability to travel throughout Ontario;
- Adaptable and flexible with project types and responsibilities, undertaking a range of tasks from basic and repetitive to broader assessments of environmental projects;
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Program Class A)