McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Transportation Structures team you will be working from home, anywhere in Ontario, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Complete detailed structural design calculations and analysis;
- Perform technical reviews of work prepared by colleagues for quality assurance purposes;
- Develop and review engineering of new bridges and bridge rehabilitation design;
- Provide assistance in the support and development of junior bridge group staff;
- Provide engineering expertise and services related to the design, rehabilitation, evaluation, inspection of bridges, culverts, and other transportation structures;
- Mentor and manage junior staff; and
- Prepare and review cost estimates, specifications, tender documents, and reports prepared by junior engineers.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
- Minimum 10 years of progressive related experience in bridge infrastructure detailed design;
- Proficient user of structural analysis software (Midas and CSiBridge);
- Sound understanding of:
- Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CSA-S6)
- Ministry of Transportation Ontario standards and policies
- Industry conventions, particularly with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- Detailed Design experience with:
- Bridge design for simplified (short span replacements < 30m), non-simplified (medium span replacements 30-60m), structural culvert replacements, and non-simplified rehabilitations
- Shallow and deep foundation design
- Fatigue analysis
- Structural Inspection experience including:
- Routine condition inspections (OSIMs)
- Fatigue inspections accompanied by a NDT technician
- Proven ability to provide construction liaison;
- Ability to review and sign-off of technical design reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of other disciplines and reciprocal effects (i.e. transportation, environmental, geotechnical)
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.