McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Surveying team, you will be a technical lead; while technical experience is the primary objective of this position, it must be coupled with a drive to develop business, mentor staff and expand our services. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct all types of legal (boundary, subdivision, condominium), engineering (topographical), and construction (layout) surveys;
- Providing mentoring to the Surveying Team;
- Contribute to proper project planning is in place for the scheduling, staffing and resourcing of teams in order to ensure the effective execution of projects;
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals, development of work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations;
- Monitoring progress on all projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Monitoring industry standards and developments, assessing client needs and making concrete decisions on proposed solutions;
- Providing review and direction on technical reports; and
- Participating in the strategic development and pursuit of clients and projects and providing visible leadership with potential clients and existing clients.
- Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS); (Canadian Land Surveyor would be an asset);
- 3 years OLS experience
- A reputation for technical excellence, leadership and communications skills enabling immediate credible with customers, partners and staff;
- Knowledge of survey practices, standards and laws;
- Competency in and understanding of the use of current survey and field instruments (total station, GPS, laser scanners, LiDAR);
- Proficient in the use of office, data, surveying and engineering-based software;
- Understanding of and experience with survey adjustments and data analysis;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven track record of profitable business management and growth;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to provide leadership to a variety of technical professionals; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.