McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Answering incoming phone calls and transferring calls to the correct party;
- Receiving mail, sorting, stamping and routing on a daily basis;
- Coordinating internal office meetings and record meeting minutes;
- Sending out to Clients all project correspondence;
- Reconciling office credit card financials;
- Transcribing and interpreting documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF;
- Formatting and finalize correspondence, memorandums, proposals, contracts, engineering schedules for Authority Having Jurisdiction, reports and other Microsoft Word and Excel documents;
- Clerical duties include electronic and manual filing;
- Coordinating business travel arrangements for internal staff members;
- Maintaining contact relationship database;
- Keeping and renew all business licenses with AHJ up to date;
- Keeping up to date OQM manual for the Engineering Association (EGBC);
- Maintaining a clean, safe and well-organized reception and kitchen areas;
- Placing all required orders for office supplies;
- Receiving/coordinating the delivery of courier packages;
- Receiving/distributing fax documentation to the correct people;
- Keeping internal phone lists up to date;
- Cheque deposits;
- Review pre-billings with Project Managers;
- Month end reconciliations;
- Ad hoc financial reports.
- Accounts payable / Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare contracts, change orders, and certificate of payments as requested by the Project Managers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in office administration;
- Previous experience using Deltek will be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Demonstrated work experience in similar role, preferably 3 to 5 years;
- Previous work experience within a fast-paced/consulting environment undergoing change would be an asset;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks to support a large number of technical staff and managers;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to carry out detail-oriented tasks accurately and independently;
- Highly proficient on computer software applications including Office 365, SharePoint, MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams; and
- Willingness to work in a team environment, assisting team members and contributing to the overall objectives of the team.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class B)