McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Environmental team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Project management of hydrogeology studies, environmental site assessments, site remediation, and aggregate resources work;
- Note: Emphasis is placed on projects involving construction dewatering, short/long-term municipal discharge, PTTW/EASR, regional hydrogeology studies, etc.;
- Acting as a technical resource to guide GTA projects in the context of hydrogeology regulations and guidelines (City of Toronto ToR, various Conservation Authority requirements, O. Reg. 903, MECP Procedure D-5-5, Aggregate Resources Act, etc.);
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff;
- Prepare winning proposals;
- Occasional fieldwork, including site inspections, drilling, sampling, contractor oversight and remediation;
- Occasional assistance with Business Development/Client Relationship Management; and
- Other duties as may be required.
- Post-secondary university education in Geosciences, Geological, Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- P. Geo. or P. Eng. (with training in geosciences), registered in the Province of Ontario and/or Nationally and in good standing;
- Qualified as per O. Reg. 153/04, as amended;
- At least 5 years of relevant environmental project experience, including project management and client communication;
- Experience with analytical solutions and/or Finite Element Modelling for hydrogeological systems.
- Proficient in MS Office tools;
- Strong project & client management skills;
- Well organized with the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time while delivering on time and on budget;
- Able to provide excellent client service and committed to technical excellence;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and can travel throughout Ontario and beyond as needed by the projects; and
- The possession of a valid driver’s license equivalent to Ontario G Class with own transportation and valid insurance.
Assets/Nice to Have:
- Experience with GeoStudio, Slide, or similar groundwater flow software;
- Experience with AQTESOLV, AquiferWin, or similar software;
- Experience with MODFLOW not required, but considered an asset; and
- Aquifer testing and borehole logging & groundwater and air quality modelling software.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class A)