McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a seasonal member of our Geotechnical and Engineering Services Team, under the direction of the Lab Supervisor, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting material field testing such as field compaction testing, wet concrete sampling, hot mix asphalt sampling, and asphalt coring, as part of QC or QA programs;
- Working in field laboratories completing quality assurance or quality control testing for grading, base or paving projects;
- Traveling to jobsites throughout Alberta (accommodation and meal allowance will be provided when you are situated away from home);
- Using nuclear gauges to confirm density and moisture of granular base;
- Determining asphalt density, asphalt content and gradation;
- Keeping accurate daily journals of construction activities and testing programs;
- Testing results reporting using standardized forms and reports;
- Maintaining a safe working environment by complying with all safety codes, guidelines, and regulations as indicated by the Health and Safety Officer;
- Participating in all assigned Health and Safety training programs; and
- Assisting Laboratory Supervisor in maintaining the laboratory in appropriate working condition.
- Post-secondary education in Construction Engineering & or Civil Engineering Technology. Secondary School Diploma will also be considered based on previous work experience, trade or training.
- Knowledge of soil analysis, soil compaction, asphalt concrete and cement concrete testing are an asset;
- Previous relevant experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Available to work flexible schedules and travel to site locations for extended periods of time within Alberta;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Candidates with all levels of experience are encouraged to apply; and
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.