McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a Junior Environmental Engineer or Civil Engineering Technologist to work within the environmental division who is a motivated team player. Your duties may include, but are not limited to::
- Designing and drafting of engineering/construction drawings for On-Site Wastewater Disposal Systems, Lot Grading and Drainage Plans, Erosion and Sediment Control Plans/Reports, etc.
- Preparing technical calculations, specifications and reports for a variety of environmental projects such as, waste management sites, on-site wastewater disposal systems, small regulated drinking water systems, permitting/approvals, etc.;
- Assist with projects in the field of Environmental Engineering, Geological Engineering, Environmental Science, Earth Sciences, and/or Biology;
- Field duties, including but not limited to erosion and sediment control/environmental inspections, test pit excavation, sewage system assessments, collecting surveying information, assisting with fish rescue operations for construction projects, soil and groundwater sampling, surface water sampling, drilling supervision, etc.;
- Interpreting and implementing standards from regulatory bodies;
- Assisting with the acquisition of environmental permitting/approvals and development of mitigation and protection measures in accordance with environmental legislation and policy; and
- Keeping up to date on the latest design tools and aids in CAD/Civil 3D in consultation with senior CAD staff.
- Other duties will include:
- Producing written reports;
- Producing design spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel;
- Enhancing data charts and tables for presentations;
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents, quantities and costs estimates; and
- Providing support to intermediate and senior staff on drafting and design.
- University degree in Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology;
- 2 – 3 years’ consulting experience for Public or Private clients;
- Self-driven individual willing to learn;
- Strong and proficient AutoCAD skills;
- Well-developed computer and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of or experience in the field on construction projects would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Ability to work with engineers on multidisciplinary projects;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance;
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario for work assignments; and
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class B)