McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for every aspect of the project and staff, while providing excellent client service. You will conduct detailed plan and specification reviews, conduct site inspections during construction and provide contract administration services. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing plans, designs, calculations and analysis in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings and other specifications;
- Attending pre-construction meetings;
- Conducting or assisting in conducting window and air barrier tests and preparing technical reports;
- Reviewing projects and assignments with staff to ensure accuracy and meet the delivery schedules;
- Reviewing and issuing monthly project billing;
- Maintaining open communication with internal and external stakeholders, including changes in services/scope of work, identifying potential risks/project challenges and managing expectations;
- Monitoring project related resources to ensure on time, compliant and within budget delivery of projects;
- Providing technical oversight, coaching to staff and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Building Science, including waterproofing and roofing, and;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma from a building, engineering or architectural technology program or equivalent education to qualify as an Applied Science Technologist (Graduate of an accredited building technology diploma program);
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience as a technologist, including experience with contract administration and building inspections;
- Training in project management, building envelope principles, industry standards including regulatory requirements, construction contract administration, and recommended construction practices is an asset;
- Eligible for designation as an Engineer, Quality Surveyor, Architect, Architectural Technologist, or AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC);
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the BC Building Code, Municipal approval procedures, and applicable regulatory standards and policies;
- Ability to read, review, analyze and critique construction drawings and building envelope assessment reports;
- Ability to estimate construction costs for new construction, renovation and building envelope repair projects;
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills while managing multiple and competing priorities/projects;
- Driven, ambitious, focused on meeting the deliverables with the ability to exercise good judgement and display initiative;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, together with strong critical thinking and decision making skills;
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with contractors, architects and consultants;
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite (including Teams, Office 365);
- Experience with reporting and/or data analysis considered an asset;
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions with interest in energy-related building science.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class A)