McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Building Quality Assurance team, you will be responsible for managing projects various projects while currently working from home. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform comprehensive architectural design and building envelope shop drawing reviews;
- Assist builders and developers in addressing new construction methods, deficiencies or responding to claims of deficiencies;
- Perform on-site investigations of building cladding systems, roofs, underground parking garages and other structures to evaluate issues and develop reports for Builders, landlords and other stakeholders (projects are based within the South Western Region);
- Draft reports and communicate the results of reviews to the client, including meetings with clients as needed;
- Review reports and provide guidance to the group to assist in continuous improvement of our work;
- Respond to client requests for proposals, including drafting of proposals;
- Business Development, client liaison/managing relationship;
- Identify targets and meet new potential clients in support of our business development;
- Provide input, as required, on all aspects of the work in terms of an overall efficiency, creativity, technical knowledge and training to the group; and
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Completion of post-secondary education in related field Civil Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science, Diploma in Architectural / Engineering Technology, Construction Management / Technology, or a construction-related discipline;
- In depth knowledge of Building Science, Construction Systems and building assemblies;
- 5 to 7 years of Canadian experience in residential/commercial/industrial construction and building assessments;
- P. Eng. designation or working towards obtaining would be considered an asset;
- Building Science Specialist designation an asset;
- Comprehensive knowledge of building envelope systems;
- Experience in building envelope including roofing and waterproofing;
- Experience with field or lab testing of window and railing systems would be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of high-rise residential construction and the Tarion warranty program;
- Health & Safety training requirements in construction projects would be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal & written Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Must have a valid G driver’s license/insurance to travel to work on construction projects in the Kitchener/Waterloo, St. Catharines, Niagara and other South Wester Ontario regions;
- Must be able to legally work in Canada at time of application.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class A)