McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Facility Assessment & Restoration team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing projects including oversight of the approved scope of work to ensure all activities are completed.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications.
- Specializing in the inspection and evaluation of in-service mechanical and electrical equipment, including reviews for the purpose of completing property condition assessments and reserve fund studies.
- Assisting with, and in some cases completing entire, property condition assessments, performance audits, and reserve fund studies for buildings from the top down.
- Preparing written technical reports about possible solutions to system failures.
- Developing repair and replacement drawings and specifications, including cost estimates.
- Conducting contract administration and field review during new and restoration construction projects.
- Balancing multiple projects of varied size and complexity with multiple deliverables.
- Attending meetings as required to service projects.
- Maintaining client relationships.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Relevant post-secondary degree, diploma, vocational, or technical training.
- Minimum 5 years of Canadian experience.
- Knowledge of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional HVAC, plumbing, fire safety, electrical, and lighting systems and their associated emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with the Ontario Building Code, the National Fire Code, and the Ontario Electrical Code.
- Ontario professional designations (P. Eng., OACETT Certification) are an asset.
- Hands-on practical experience in the testing, repair, and replacement of mechanical equipment is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Qualified candidates must be able to converse with the project team clearly and concisely, both internally and externally.
- Organization skills including maintenance of paper and electronic files.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- G class driver’s license and access to own vehicle daily.
- Willing to travel Nationally upon short notice.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class B)