McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Geotechnical Division, under the direction of the Supervisor, you will be responsible for assignments which include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting material field testing such as field compaction testing, wet concrete sampling, and concrete and asphalt coring, as part of QC or QA programs;
- Assisting in laboratory testing, for soils, aggregate; concrete and asphalt;
- Assisting Laboratory Supervisor in maintaining the laboratory in appropriate working condition;
- Participating in activities related to the quality system;
- Maintaining a safe working environment by complying with all safety codes, guidelines, and regulations and indicated by the McIntosh Perry Health and Safety Officer;
- Participating in all assigned Health and Safety training programs;
- Attending in technical training programs as required;
- Assisting the foundation engineering or pavement engineering teams in their field activities including but not limited to borehole layout, geotechnical drilling, cross-fall measurement, and traffic control;
- Maintaining strong and effective working relationship with McIntosh Perry’s staff as well as clients and subcontractors;
- Willingness to learn office and scheduling skills is an asset, and;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Post-secondary education in Construction Engineering & or Civil Engineering Technology. Secondary School Diploma will also be considered based on previous work experience, trade or training.
- Previous relevant experience is an asset.
- Lab experience an asset;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Available to work flexible schedules and travel to site locations for extended periods of time within Ontario;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; English preferred; Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class B)