McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Water Resources Transportation team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing preliminary and detail designs of stormwater management facilities (quality and quantity), floodplain analysis, and culvert and bridge hydraulic analysis;
- Using a variety of tools and analytical techniques to complete hydrotechnical modelling for urban/rural runoff management design, stream morphology assessment, flood control evaluation, floodplain delineation, and sedimentation and erosion analysis;
- Conduct field work and investigations;
- Preparing reports documenting the results of the modeling/hydraulic analysis;
- Liaising with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies;
- Meeting with MTO, municipal or private clients;
- Assisting in the preparation of proposal submissions, and
- Providing mentorship, guidance and quality control of junior engineers and technical staff; and
- Securing relevant projects for our growing water resources team.
- (Sub) Watershed analysis for municipal, provincial, and land development projects; and
- Watercourse hydraulic analysis.
- University degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering with a focus on Water Resources;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
- 5-10 years of design experience on storm water management, water resources planning/engineering projects in Ontario;
- Significant experience in hydrotechnical applications, the design and analysis of stormwater management facilities, storm sewers and watercourses to support municipal infrastructure and Ministry of Transportation designs. Knowledge and experience in watercourse management including erosion control, water quality, slope stability and natural channel design;
- Knowledge and experience with watershed studies and floodplain mapping;
- Extensive knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal regulatory requirements (MECP, MTO, MNRF, CHBDC, etc.);
- Strong working knowledge of modeling software (HEC-RAS, Visual Otthymo, StormCAD, HY-8, etc.);
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, and/or In Roads;
- Geomorphology experience would be considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (French would be considered an asset);
- Proficient knowledge in the use of Excel spreadsheet and database tools; and
- Strong project management skills.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.