McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. Given our multiple locations, the position can be based in either the GTA (Woodbridge Office) or Ottawa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Finance team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Provide intermediate transactional and technical support on accounting related matters;
- Able to resolve intermediate to complex transactional discrepancies and recommend solutions to mitigate or eliminate future variances;
- Prepares and completes high volume account reconciliations where necessary;
- Understands ASPE and/or IFRS and is able to develop policies and practices to drive efficiencies within the business;
- Preparation and/or review of internal enterprise and divisional management and non-management financial reports;
- Reviewing financial reports and intermediate to complex transactions with relevant stakeholders in the business;
- Maintains accurate and complete records for audits;
- Strong understanding of financial obligations and ability to investigate and interpret on areas as required;
- Gathers audit support and liaises with auditors to review audit support;
- Many other adhoc related reporting, analysis and accounting assignments as they arise.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Deltek 7.6 or other ERP systems and processes where setup and configuration was performed;
- Able to seek out and evaluate other 3rd party systems and tools to enhance our current processes;
- SQL or any other querying language where you used it to manage large amounts of data;
- Limited experience in system migrations and conversions for acquisitions and divestitures;
- Performing trial and error system and transaction testing to better enhance practices and reporting .
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Partners with stakeholders in preparation of standard budgets, outlooks and forecasts where required;
- Prepare business cases and analysis to support complex or highly material transactions that require C-suite approval;
- Prepares in-depth financial analysis (recurring and ad-hoc) and makes recommendations to stakeholders;
- Reviews balance sheet and income statement by investigating variances and ensuring all required entries are made accurately and in a timely manner;
- Seeks guidance on contract financial terms and conditions where necessary;
- Monitors budgeted and forecasted performance and recommends/assists in action plan.
Policy, Process and Practice Design and Implementation
- Identifies and recommends new practices to improve financial and operational practices to improve accuracy and timeliness of reports to Stakeholders;
- Conducts root cause analysis on process gaps and recommends the implementation to ensure the gaps are reduced or minimized;
- Understand our business practices and develop new approaches to ensuring compliance with ASPE; and
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- University graduation and CPA designation and 3-5 years of demonstrated experience;
- Significant aptitude in problem solving issues and discrepancies requiring a high level of judgement;
- Ability to communicate accounting principles to support procedures and to explain financial results within the team and to internal customers;
- Highly knowledgeable in financial ERP systems and/or querying language to extract large amounts of data;
- Ability to reconcile and resolve discrepancies;
- Ability to identify and provide recommendations for issues and process improvement opportunities;
- Ability to prepare businesses and analysist to support operational decisions;
- High level knowledge of current accounting systems and MS Office suite of software;
- Previous management/supervisory-related experience;
- Good business acumen and ability to link, tie and spot relationships.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA)
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class B)