McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Engineering, Energy team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage technical personnel through the execution of multiple client projects;
- Participate in the planning, coordination and review of engineering requirements and responsibilities between disciplines on projects and assignments;
- Plan, coordinate and review engineering requirements and responsibilities between disciplines on projects and assignments;
- Liaise between clients, support staff and third party consultants and contractors in all facets of project planning and execution as required;
- Provide comprehensive engineering services according to project or assignment criteria to achieve safe, cost-effective and efficient project outcomes;
- Participate in economic and technical feasibility studies for projects;
- Prepare and implement specifications, cost estimations and controls, scope of equipment and materials needed, and deliverables in accordance with project requirements;
- Oversee and review the development of P&IDs, PFDs, as well as other engineering drawings, calculations and project deliverables;
- Participate in the development of engineering standards and procedures; and
- Provide management and direction to drafting leads and project administration staff.
- Engineering degree from an accredited university with 10-15 years relevant experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with APEGA;
- Previous comparable EPCM experience would be an asset;
- Proficient in the review and development of process and instrumentation diagrams, equipment, piping and valve sizing, as well as HAZOPs and general troubleshooting support;
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal design codes and safety regulations;
- Working knowledge of engineering software programs and solutions;
- Mature experience in engineering work planning, risk management and control methods;
- Strong problem solving capability;
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with personnel and clients;
- Travel as required to ensure the successful execution of projects; and
- Ability to work and adapt in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.