McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently seeking a Manager of Transportation Engineering for the Western Canada Infrastructure Division. Reporting to the VP, Infrastructure Operations, the successful candidate will be based in our Calgary, Alberta office. This position is responsible for managing and working on a wide range of transportation/highway engineering projects including preliminary and detail design for freeways, intersections/roundabouts, urban and rural arterials, and supports bridge/culvert replacement and rehabilitation projects. As a member of our Western Canada Infrastructure Division, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with preparation and implementation of business plans with senior management;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders to help grow the business;
- Providing guidance and oversight in the preparation of proposals, development of work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations;
- Providing leadership, daily management, and mentoring to the transportation engineering team in the Calgary office;
- Collaborating with design teams within other offices throughout Alberta and Ontario;
- Acting as a project manager on transportation design and construction projects;
- Managing the successful delivery of multi-discipline projects and satisfying client expectations;
- Ensuring proper project planning is in place for the scheduling, staffing and resourcing of teams in order to ensure the effective execution of projects; and
- Monitoring industry standards and developments, assessing client needs and making concrete decisions on proposed solutions;
- A university degree in Civil Engineering or a college diploma in Civil Engineering or Civil Technology;
- Licensed in Alberta as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or a Professional Licensee [P.L. (Eng.)];
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive related experience within a professional services environment;
- Demonstrated ability for, and interest in, business development;
- Experience in working with Alberta Government Ministry of Transportation and Calgary metropolitan area municipalities is mandatory;
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by the ability to coach, mentor and develop staff;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with clients and other relevant stakeholders;
- Thorough knowledge in transportation engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven solid design capabilities;
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills including the ability to provide leadership to a variety of technical professionals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.