You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 projects managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
As the largest Division in the organization, the Contract Administration Division has 150 employees. Current revenues are in excess of $20M for this Division. There is an expectation for the incoming VP to drive growth, largely through diversifying the client base. The role is based in Ontario (ideally in the GTA, but there will be flexibility for the right candidate).
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vice President works closely with the Executive Vice President and will be responsible for providing direct leadership, strategic direction and day-to-day management of the division. The Vice President will also be a key member of the strategic leadership team of the company and will work with the leadership team on the overall strategy and vision of the firm.
- McIntosh Perry is a growth focused company with resources to support those initiatives, both organically and inorganically. The company is one of the fastest growing engineering consulting firms in North America.
- The VP will successfully lead and manage a growing team of accredited professionals in achieving the objectives set out in the strategic plan for the company.
- The company has a significant amount of long-term core customers with an interest in diversifying.
- As the VP of the Contract Administration Division, the successful candidate will play a key role in the organization, running the largest division on the company, developing and implementing growth strategy.
- The VP is part of the senior leadership team at McIntosh Perry and will have impact on future growth strategy and direction of the company and be part of the decision-making process at the leadership table.
- The VP will ensure the management team is properly positioned for growth by focusing on the development of management and leadership skills.
- There’s a strong technical team in place to build from.
- The current leadership in the CA Division are experts in acquiring and completing MTO work and have had initial success getting into other markets. This role focuses on building on additional client diversification into other markets where the skills of the group align.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and directs the divisional leadership and their teams.
- Provides coaching and development to the managers.
- Actively leads and supports a positive, respectful and results oriented work environment and ensures consistency with core values.
- As required, prepares and presents reports to the Board of Directors on areas that fall within the scope or mandate of the role.
- Identifies and secures new clients for McIntosh Perry.
- Actively participates in the strategic development and pursuit of clients and projects.
- Provides visible leadership with potential clients and existing clients.
- Maintains regular dialogue with key clients in all sectors.
- Participates in the development and execution of key project and client presentations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders.
- Provides high level guidance and oversight in the preparation of proposals, development of work plans, schedules, budgets, fee proposal and negotiations. Work closely with the managers to monitor progress on all projects to ensure timeline and targets on being met.
- Ensures quality processes are in place for all business units specific to their requirements.
- Provides guidance to managers on employee matters and monitors the completion of performance reviews for all employees within the group.
- Actively leads and supports the execution of the strategic plan within the group and works with managers to develop and implement operational plans that ensure targets are being met.
- As a member of the strategic leadership team for the company, contributes to the development of the strategic planning process.
- 20 years of experience in engineering, business development and project delivery, with a minimum of 10 years in a leadership role.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Extensive experience with successful project delivery.
- Superior business and financial acumen.
- Excellent people leadership skills.
- Strong business development skills.
- Proven track record of growing business.
- Strategic mindset, big picture thinker and solid problem-solving skills.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class A)