You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Traffic and Transportation team, in a hybrid work environment, working from home with access to an office in the GTA, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects for McIntosh Perry in Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA);
- Acting as Project Manager and providing overall work management and technical performance on projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Providing mentorship, guidance, quality control, support and oversight of junior and intermediate staff to complete various traffic engineering tasks;
- Supporting the business plan for the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering group;
- Working with the Division Manager and Practice Area Lead (Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering) to execute strategic growth and business initiatives within the GTHA;
- Liaising with clients, government and regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Preparing cost estimates and proposals for a variety of clients and sectors;
- Assisting multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of projects and proposals;
- Providing overall work progress and technical performance on Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Completing traffic modelling and analysis with applicable design software (Synchro, VISSIM, etc.); and
- Preparing traffic operations studies, traffic management plans, other reports and presentations as needed;
- University Degree in Transportation Engineering/Civil Engineering or Transportation Planning;
- Eligible for P.Eng. License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in traffic engineering services in the consulting sector;
- Experience with GIS (ArcGIS), and using Auto Cad and Auto Turn software;
- Ability to manage technical analysis, using tools such as Synchro / Simtraffic;
- Thorough knowledge of municipal and provincial review processes;
- Experience using other transportation software and methods (e.g. HCS, CCG, VISSIM, EMME, Aimsun, Vistro).
- Project coordination and management experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in report and proposal writing;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in business development activities and preparation of proposals; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.