McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Building Services Group, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Helping identify targets and meeting new potential clients in support of our sales efforts;
- Responding to client requests for proposals, including drafting of proposals;
- Providing input, as required, on all aspects of the work in terms of an overall efficiency, creativity and technical knowledge;
- Performing on-site investigation of building cladding systems, roofs, underground parking garages and other structures to evaluate issues and develop reports for Builders, landlords and other stakeholders;
- Assisting builders and developers in addressing new construction deficiencies, or responding to claims of deficiencies;
- Drafting reports and communicating the results of reviews to the client, including meetings with clients as needed;
- Reviewing reports and providing guidance to the group to assist in continuous improvement of our work; and
- Performing other duties as required.
- Completion of post-secondary education (College or University) in a related field (civil/structural engineering, building or architectural science, mechanical engineering or an applied science);
- Over 10 years of Canadian experience in residential/commercial/industrial construction and building assessments;
- P. Eng. designation with the Professional Engineers of Ontario or working towards it would be considered an asset;
- In depth knowledge of Construction Systems and assemblies;
- Comprehensive knowledge of building envelope systems;
- Experience in building envelope, including roofing and waterproofing;
- Experience with field or lab testing of window and railing systems would be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge if high-rise residential construction and the Tarion warranty program;
- Health & Safety training requirements in construction projects would be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal & written Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.