You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
As a top three provider of this service, the Temporary Structures Group has 10 employees with current revenues approaching 2M for this Group. There is an expectation for the incoming Manager to drive growth, largely through diversifying the client base. The role is based in the GTA.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager works closely with the Vice President and will be responsible for providing direct leadership, strategic direction and day-to-day management of the group.
- McIntosh Perry is a growth focused company with resources to support those initiatives, both organically and inorganically. The company is one of the fastest growing engineering consulting firms in North America;
- The Manager will successfully lead and manage a growing team of accredited professionals in achieving the objectives set out in the strategic plan for the company;
- The company has a significant amount of long-term core customers with an interest in diversifying;
- As the Manager of the Temporary Structures Group, the successful candidate will play a key role in the organization, running the group, developing and implementing growth strategy;
- The Manager is part of the leadership team at McIntosh Perry and will have impact on future growth strategy and direction of the company and be part of the decision-making process at the leadership table;
- The Manager will ensure the team is properly positioned for growth by focusing on the development of skills and capabilities;
- There’s a strong technical team in place to build from;
- The current leadership in the Temporary Structures Group are experts in completing Shoring, Formwork, Scaffolding, Crane base design, welding inspections and roof anchor inspections work and have had great success establishing themselves as a premier supplier of these services in the GTA over the last few decades. This role focuses on building on additional client diversification.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and directs their teams;
- Provides coaching and development to staff;
- Actively leads and supports a positive, respectful and results oriented work environment and ensures consistency with core values;
- As required, prepares and presents reports to the Vice President on areas that fall within the scope or mandate of the role;
- Identifies and secures new clients for McIntosh Perry;
- Actively participates in the strategic development and pursuit of clients and projects;
- Provides visible leadership with potential clients and existing clients;
- Maintains regular dialogue with key clients in all sectors;
- Participates in the development and execution of key project and client presentations;
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders;
- Preparation of proposals, development of work plans, schedules, budgets, fee proposal and negotiations. Work closely with staff to monitor progress on all projects to ensure timelines and targets on being met;
- Ensures quality processes are in place for all business units specific to their requirements;
- Provides guidance to managers on employee matters and monitors the completion of performance reviews for all employees within the group;
- Ensures health and safety protocols are in place and adhered to;
- Actively leads and supports the execution of the strategic plan within the group and develops and implements operational plans to ensure targets are being met;
- As a member of the strategic leadership team for the company, contributes to the development of the strategic planning process.
- In depth knowledge of Temporary Structure systems;
- 15 years of experience in shoring and scaffolding systems, business development and project delivery, with a minimum of 7 years in a leadership role;
- Completion of post-secondary education (college or university) in a related field (civil/structural engineering, building or architectural science. Mechanical engineering or an applied science);
- P. Eng. designation will be preferred;
- PMP designation will be considered an asset;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Extensive experience with successful project delivery;
- Superior business and financial acumen;
- Excellent people leadership skills;
- Strong business development skills;
- Proven track record of growing business;
- Strategic mindset, big picture thinker and solid problem-solving skills;
- Must have a valid G driver’s license/insurance to travel outside of GTA.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class A)