McIntosh Perry Energy Ltd (MPEL) has been providing the oil and gas industry in Alberta with facility design engineering consulting services since 1971. MPEL has created an environment where people aren't just coming to a job, they are here to build long-term successful careers. We encourage our employees to advance their talents, develop new skills and find balance between their professional and personal lives. We offer a dynamic, fun and passionate environment that focuses on our core values of integrity and professionalism.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
With our continued growth, we are always looking for talented people who can operate efficiently in a multi-project environment.
We currently have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our established team of professionals to further develop opportunities in the Energy industry.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Energy division, this role will be responsible for increasing the business market position within existing areas and applying the company’s expertise in new business areas.
- Developing and building relationships with new and existing clients, including cold calling, participating in meetings, lunches as well as attending industry events and presentations;
- Identifying potential business opportunities through the review of all appropriate business channels, relationships, communications/media or other means as applicable;
- Qualification of these opportunities by determining feasibility, funding status, inter- relationships with other companies and type of project;
- Working with the Executive VP to develop marketing strategies;
- Administering and maintaining Business Development Core documents;
- Defining key stakeholders in client organizations and build understanding of their strategic objectives;
- Building and providing efficient delivery of estimates, schedules, service descriptions, finished proposals, presentations and other Business Development documents;
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of client’s potential projects, strategies, engagements, commitments and business relationships with a view to understanding the relevance of our organization’s offering to address those requirements;
- Coordination of proposal activities, including clarification of customer requirements and organization of internal inputs;
- Updating and maintaining a Business Development Strategy document based on market conditions, client requirements, target project scopes and internal capabilities;
- Working with project teams to define future opportunities;
- Updating and maintaining a customer relationship management (CRM) system to track opportunities and client accounts; and
- Participating in internal meetings, representing business development and assisting senior management team in providing business development updates to internal stakeholders and the rest of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- A degree or technical certificate in business or marketing preferred;
- 10+ years of relevant customer relations, business development manager experience, within the energy industry is considered an asset;
- Efficient and proven skills to develop a proposal with use of Microsoft Office Suite (Power point, Word, Excel, Projects) and Adobe;
- Efficient with CRM programs and concepts;
- Ability to work with diverse clientele and establish trust through building strong business relationships;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, solutions driven, ability to prioritize and make decisions in a timely manner;
- Ability to work and adapt in a flexible, fast-paced environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Tech savvy and able to use the social media platforms effectively; and
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Positive working environment
- Co-workers who share the same core values
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.