You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
McIntosh Perry offers a remote/hybrid work environment working from home with access to a physical office in either the GTA (Woodbridge, ON) or Ottawa, ON for in person collaboration, attending meetings, if/when required.
As a member of our Finance team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Provide intermediate transactional and technical support on accounting related matters;
- Able to resolve intermediate to complex transactional discrepancies and recommend solutions to mitigate or eliminate future variances;
- Prepares and completes high volume account reconciliations where necessary;
- Understands ASPE and/or IFRS and is able to develop policies and practices to drive efficiencies within the business;
- Preparation and/or review of internal enterprise and divisional management and non-management financial reports;
- Reviewing financial reports and intermediate to complex transactions with relevant stakeholders in the business;
- Maintains accurate and complete records for audits;
- Gathers audit support and liaises with auditors to review audit support;
- Partners with stakeholders in preparation of standard budgets, outlooks and forecasts where required;
- Many other adhoc related reporting, analysis and accounting assignments as they arise. Project Accounting and Analysis
- Project analysis and reviews including backlog, unbilled work in progress (WIP) and revenue recognition;
- Prepares in-depth financial analysis (recurring and ad-hoc) and makes recommendations to stakeholders;
- Reviews projects by investigating variances and ensuring all required entries are made accurately and in a timely manner;
- Seeks guidance on contract financial terms and conditions where necessary;
- Monitors project budgeted and forecasted performance and recommends/assists in action plan.
- Strong knowledge of billing and accounts receivable processes.
- Within our accounting system, opening new projects, establishing billing terms, creating phases and closing projects upon completion.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Deltek 7.6 or other ERP systems and processes where setup and configuration was performed an asset;
- Able to seek out and evaluate other 3rd party systems and tools to enhance our current processes;
- Limited experience in system migrations and conversions for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Performing trial and error system and transaction testing to better enhance practices and reporting
Policy, Process and Practice Design and Implementation
- Identifies and recommends new practices to improve financial and operational practices to improve accuracy and timeliness of reports to Stakeholders;
- Conducts root cause analysis on process gaps and recommends the implementation to ensure the gaps are reduced or minimized;
- Understand our business practices and develop new approaches to ensuring compliance with ASPE; and
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- University graduation and CPA designation (preferred) and 3-5 years of demonstrated experience;
- Significant aptitude in problem solving issues and discrepancies requiring a high level of judgement;
- Ability to communicate accounting principles to support procedures and to explain financial results within the team and to internal customers;
- Highly knowledgeable in financial ERP systems and/or querying language to extract large amounts of data;
- Ability to reconcile and resolve discrepancies;
- Ability to identify and provide recommendations for issues and process improvement opportunities;
- Ability to prepare businesses and analysist to support operational decisions;
- High level knowledge of current accounting systems and MS Office suite of software;
- Good business acumen and ability to link, tie and spot relationships.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class A)