McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Division Manager, we are looking for an Intermediate Transportation Engineer/Planner to join our Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering team in our Ottawa, Markham, or Oakville office.The successful candidate will work on a wide range of transportation planning, traffic engineering and multi-disciplinary assignments for both private and public sector clients including traffic operation studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments (EA), active transportation, parking studies, transportation demand management (TDM), and microsimulation and design assessments.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking and managing transportation planning and traffic engineering studies including multi-modal studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments (transportation) studies, traffic impact studies, TDM, active transportation, and parking studies;
- Preparing and coordinating traffic management plans for roadway construction projects;
- Leading transportation impact and parking assessments, as well as site plan reviews;
- Actively participating in the preparation of proposals and writing reports;
- Attending and participating at client and public meetings;
- Coordinating stakeholder consultation activities on transportation projects;
- Conducting field studies (site visits, inventories, traffic, and parking counts);
- Assisting with staff development and works in a team environment;
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships and communication with clients, department managers, internal and external leads;
- Working in a team environment and mentoring other department staff;
- Proactively leading business development efforts by identifying, capturing and qualifying opportunities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a University Degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering or Planning;
- Eligible for P. Eng. accreditation from the Professional Engineers of Ontario and/or registered as a Professional Planner from Ontario Professional Planning Institute;
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering services in the consulting or public sectors;
- Experience with project coordination and management;
- Demonstrated interest in business development activities and preparation of proposals;
- Proven ability to supervise, direct and mentor junior staff;
- Good communication and leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Experience using AutoCAD and Auto Turn software;
- Proficient using Synchro/Simtraffic;
- Experience using other transportation software and methods (e.g. HCS, CCG, VISSIM, EMME, Aimsun, Vistro); and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.