McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you! As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i's and cross the t's? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This opportunity is for someone looking to work with a dynamic team of professionals. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to gain experience, expertise and knowledge from Senior Pavement Professionals and step into a leadership role. We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer who is as enthusiastic about these things as we are. This position can be based out of Kingston, Ottawa, or any of our Toronto offices. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the detailed design of the surfacing aspects of highways and providing expert pavement advice to other disciplines related to overall project deliverables;
- Preparing designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables related to pavement related projects;
- Preparing and stamping concise pavement reports complete with pertinent recommendations for low and medium complexity projects;
- Liaising with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Preparing cost estimates and proposals for a variety of clients and sectors;
- Overseeing the work of engineering interns and technologists and providing guidance and mentoring to more junior staff;
- Liaising with the MP Geotech team including geotechnical design, field and lab staff as well as other disciplines;
- Managing client relationships throughout project terms including providing a technical advisory role;
- Playing an active role in business development activities and marketing by establishing and maintaining positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Specifying site investigation and laboratory testing requirements;
- Designing and stamping low, medium and complex pavement designs;
- Writing geotechnical engineering specifications and reports;
- Attending site and office meetings including occasional overnight travel; and
- Managing project schedules and budgets.
- Completion of a B.A.Sc. or B.Sc. in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering;
- Approximately 5-15 years of civil/geotechnical engineering experience related to pavement design;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
- MTO RAQs pavement qualifications considered an asset;
- 5+ years experience in engineering consulting considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively, both independently, or as part of a team;
- Supervisory training and experience considered assets;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Familiarity with pavement management, design and scheduling software, familiarity with AutoCAD;
- Familiarity with Bentley gINT logs (or equivalent) and life-cycle costing would be an asset;
- Knowledge of AASHTO 93, OPAC 2000 and AASHTOWare Pavement ME Design would be considered an asset;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.